1.1.1 State that error bars are a graphical representation of the variability of data.
1.1.2 Calculate the mean and standard deviation of a set of values. (Use graphics calculator).
- A correlation between two variables may mean one causes the other.
- However, the correlation does not confirm causality.
- Experimental investigations are needed to study cause and effect
- For example, there could be a high positive correlation between teenagers that watch the news each night and teenagers that own a pet dog.
- It cannot be confirmed that one causes the other.